And You have He quickened (Part 2)
Ephesians 2:1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins
Someone who is dead does not respond to life giving influences.
According to Ephesians 2:3 in time past whatever was the desires of the sinful flesh and of the mind you fulfilled. Meaning you did whatever your heart desired to do with no direction from God. You were trapped in sin because you were dead in your desires and believed there was no purpose of coming out. During this period of time you were considered a Gentile who was separated from God with no hope in this world and separated from the promises of God.
1. Before Christ we were trapped by Satan and our sinful fleshly desires. This was the nature that we were born with from our mother’s womb and chose to continue to live in.
· 1 John 3:10 by this it is evident who the children of God are, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
· John 8:44 you are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
· 1 John 3:8 whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
SIN IS NEVER SATISFIED, and always leads you further than you wanted to go.
-Cheating for selfish gain
-Stealing and etc
2. Sin always has a desire for more and more. God’s grace is the only way we can be adopted into a new family and obtain freedom from spiritual death and our sinful flesh through Jesus Christ our Lord. "GOD LOVES US."
- Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
- Ephesians 1:5 having predestined us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.
- Romans 8:15 for ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father
3. God quickened us to himself and gave us a new life, even though we didn’t deserve his grace.
- Romans 5:6, 8 for when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly…..but God commended his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
4. Spiritual Life means that you have overcome the world because Jesus has overcome the world (1 John 5:4-5; John 16:33; Galatians 2:20)
a. Overcome (nikao’) – to conquer; prevail
Sentence Usage: I conquer, am victorious, overcome, prevail, subdue (1 John 4:4-6)
b. Things that use to frustrate you before does not frustrate you the same anymore
c. You conquer; You Rule; You Dominate; You take authority in Jesus name
d. Spiritual Life means that the enemy no longer has power to rule over you
5. 12 Blessings of being made alive in Jesus Christ
1. Freedom from the law of Sin and death (Romans 8:2)
2. No Condemnation (Romans 8:1)
3. The Love of God (Romans 8:39)
4. Wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption (1 Cor. 1:30)
5. Peace (John 16:33)
6. Sonship (Gal. 2:4)
7. Brought near to God (Ephesians 2:13)
8. Saved by Grace(Ephesians 2:8)
9. Eternal life (1 John 5:11; 2 Tim 1:1)
10. Salvation (2 Tim 2:10)
11. New Creation (2 Cor. 5:17-18)
12. Gain Purpose on this Earth (Colossians 3:23)
6. The only life available is Christ (1 Corinthians 15:20-22) Your life without Christ is actually death (John 1:4)
a. Anything outside of Christ leads to death
b. Ephesians 2:1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins
- When your made alive in Christ you begin to love God and everything concerning you your life you should want to give it to God and give him everything that you have (Matthew 22:37; 1 John 4:19)
c. You love the brethren in Christ
You are no longer strangers but fellow citizens in the household of God (Ephesians 2:19)