Pastor Jordan Brown
All Things In Common Ministries
1. Hebrews 2 Overview: In Hebrews chapter one we see Christ supremacy over the angels. Then, in chapter 2 the author is transitioning to
a. The moral responsibility of following the words of Christ over the angels. (Hebrews 2:1-4)
b. The Son being made lower than the angels by becoming human (Hebrews 2:5-9)
c. The necessity of Him becoming flesh and blood and suffering (Hebrews 2:10)
d. And the glory of Him suffering in the flesh for our sake (Hebrews 2:10-18)
2. Key Scriptures: Hebrews 2:1-4
a. 1 Therefore we must give [a]the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.
b. 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just [b]reward,
c. 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,
d. 4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts[c] of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?
4. What danger does verses 1-3 warn about and why? What is the solution to this problem?
a. Give a cross reference scripture and explanation to support your answer.
5. How accurately does this verse describe the way Christians tend to go into sin? Is this a sudden or gradual process?
6. Define: Neglect and give example
7. What happened to those who transgressed that word that were given by angels? Give an example
8. What is cross reference scripture to Verse 6-7? Why do you think the author said what he said? (You think?)
9. Why did Christ have to come as a man and not an angel?
10. Why did Christ have to suffer according to Verses 16-18