You are My battle-ax and weapons of war: For with you I will break the nations in pieces;
With you I will destroy kingdoms- Jeremiah 51:20
Jesus has come into the world to destroy the works of Satan. We as believers have a mission to do the same.
1. Satan is the prince of the power of the air (Ephesians 2:2)
a. The word prince here is archon in greek and it means ruler of the air
i. This is to mean that evil spirits dwell in this realm
ii. All evil spirits are all under Satan’s dominion
2. Demons are all on the same team and have the same goal
a. The goal of Demons is to destroy the Kingdom of God
b. To destroy the faith in Jesus Christ (John 10:10)
c. Everything that the word of God tells you not to do those are the things that Satan wants you to do.
d. Everything that the word of God tells you to do those are the things that Satan wants you NOT to do.
3. Jesus has come into this world is to destroy the evil works of Satan (1 John 3:10)
a. Now judgment is upon this world; now the prince of this world will be cast out.- John 12:31
b. As Christians we are to understand that we are soldiers over spiritual territory (Ephesians 6:12)
4. Demons are on strict assignments to a people in a region
a. Demons have assignments to nations, kingdoms, countries, cities, communities, and households
b. This is why in certain countries of the world we see different kinds of evils at different levels than other countries.
5. God wants to use you to destroy the works, the schemes, the devices and the strategies of the enemy not only in your life but to also free his people. (Jeremiah 51:20)
6. YOU ARE GOD’S SWORD
a. Your mind knowledge is sharp because of the word of God
7. You must allow your heavenly Father to swing you in this realm called earth
a. A sword is a weapon used to cut, and tear (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
b. God has not given you a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.
c. Your victory is in Christ it is not in your own power and your own might
d. You ought to be very confrontational about your problems and your life's circumstances with the word of God
8. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
a. Your life as a Christian means that you are spiritually living and powerful
b. As a believer in Christ we are called to have spiritual discernment to know truth and error.
9. We are to expose the lies of the enemy. (Ephesians 5:8-11)
a. We are not to engage in darkness but to expose it
b. We are to speak the truth in love
c. We are not building, endorsing, or encouraging the world but destroying
10. God wants to use you to bring life to a dying world
a. God is calling you to be a light to the darkness
b. Many are confused and with God’s word and you have the ability to bring understanding to your life and the life of others
11. As a sword you must allow God to swing you